Working in the childcare sector is incredibly rewarding!
It is a privilege to be an integral part of these young people’s lives. The role is also very flexible to fit around your lifestyle; you can state when you want to work.
Registering with the SCA, East Anglia's Premier Childcare Agency will allow you to grow your childminding business but with the backing of a larger organisation, you are not alone. Which means that you can concentrate on looking after the children in your care whilst we take care of the more mundane bits and pieces and at any time, should you need assistance, we are just a phone call away.
As a Childminder with SCA, you are self-employed and will be running your own business. We are here to guide you through the process, to confirm you have everything in place to ensure a caring, fun and safe environment for the children in your care. We want your new business venture to be a success.
Registering with SCA gives you a wealth of benefits
- Start-up support and pre-registration training for new childminders
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) (EY Registered: 16 hours CPD and 4 hours Practice Support, Childcare registered: 8 hours CPD and 2 hours of Practice Support) including regular mandatory training.
- SCA continually offer training and courses for mandatory requirements and professional growth. Whether you are at the start of your childminding journey or and established childcare professional, we run courses and training relevant to you; the best part is as a SCA Registered Childminder you frequently receive FREE and discounted prices on training packages
- Access to high quality support when needed. Once registered you have a login to our web portal with a vast array of downloadable assets for your business
- Regular Quality Assurance visits
- Ongoing telephone and email support and open door policy at SCA (by appointment). We all need assistance sometimes, whether its to check a legislation, file a tax return or simply check up on training. Our team are on hand to lend you guidance and support as needed
- Networking opportunities with other childminders via monthly support meetings. Childminding can seem a lonely career, but with our Support meetings you get the opportunity to meet like minded childcare professionals and discuss topics that are important to your role.
- Parent Matching - SCA actively promote our registered Childminders and pass on parent enquiries
- Regular newsletters and updates
- Help with all paperwork regarding early years funding
- Automatically registered to receive Tax free childcare
- A profile page on our website to advertise childcare vacancies
- Accountancy & administration services (subject to additional costs)
- Signposting to other childcare support, universal and tax credit information and other professionals
Before registering with SCA, there are a number of things you do need to consider to ensure that this this the right career for you. To download our guide to becoming a childminder, please click here.
Currently the government is offering a Childcare Business Grant Scheme to individuals setting up a new childminding business click here
Already an Ofsted Registered Childminder?
For lots of childminders, the word Ofsted fills them with dread. You don’t see Ofsted from one year to the next and when they do come, you feel like you have to be on your best behaviour. Childminder Agencies work differently.
At the SCA we want to work with you to make your childminding business as successful as possible. Keeping you up to date with the latest trends and legislation and ensuring your qualifications stay current. If you have a problem or issue, there is no need to trail through websites or speak to a faceless voice at the end of the phone. The SCA team is there to help and if we don’t know the answer, we will be the ones doing the search or getting on the phone, allowing you to concentrate on looking after your children.
With the SCA on your side all the details are streamlined for you, from standard paperwork to governmental compliance. Contact us for our application form at email@example.com and we will help you on your way