Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk
Monday 4th March 2019 (Suffolk)
Tuesday 19th March 2019 (Suffolk)
Provided by: Suffolk County Council https://earlyyears.suffolkcpd.co.uk/courses/bookings
Supporting Special Educational Needs and Disability for Childminders....
This session aims to explain the legislation and guidance to introduce the participants to their role as a named SENCO or lead of the EYFS in a Care/Education setting. The participants will learn about models of disability and how this influences inclusive practice within the day to day interactions with children who have or may have SEND. The participants will be signposted to useful resources to enable them to undertake their role and ensure their setting has arrangements in place for identifying and supporting children with SEND..
By the end of the session learners will be able to:
• Understand their responsibilities as described in current SEND legislation (SEND Code of Practice 2014)
• Describe elements of Inclusive Practice for children with SEND
• Be able to write, implement and review a targeted plan for a child on SEN support
• Be able to find resources to use to refer and support children with SEND and their families
Times: 6.30-9.30 Venue: Suffolk Chamber Of Commerce, Felaw Maltings, South Kiln, 42 Felaw Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP2 8SQ
-Understanding what to do with portal deadlines & PAF forms
-Completing Census information and SEND and safeguarding forms
-Checking the parents/ carers 30 hour funding codes, Tax free childcare/Childcare choices
Times: 7pm - 9pm Venue: Christian Resource Centre, 3 Oakes Road, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP32 6PX
- Spring term 2019 - 'Mental Health In the Early Years'
- Summer term 2019 - 'Environment and Experiences for Babies 0-24 months',
To enrol on an SCA course please complete our Training & Events Booking Form below (Please note we do not accept bookings without the completion of this form)
'SCA' Registered Childminders: £15.00 per person / Other Professionals: £25.00 per person
2020 Dates to be confirmed;.... We would love to hear your suggestions for any future courses you would like to see 'SCA' offer!